What is a web browser and how does it work
To view any information available on the Internet computer, laptop either Mobile There will be a need for a medium or software which we call Web Browser.
Internet is not able to give you information without a browser and it is necessary for all the users of the internet to have all the information about the web browser, so today in this article we have shared all the things related to the web browser.
What is web browser
a web browser Software which users Internet Helps to find information. Web browser is the means that World Wide Web Allows access to all public information found on
Today, whatever we read or search using the Internet. It is present in the web page of all the websites and in the language of the computer. HTML which is written Hyper Text Markup Language is called. Web pages are created by writing its code.
When we search by typing the URL of a website on the address bar of the web browser, then this software connects with the server and shows that website in our browser.
web browser every computer, laptop Or installed in the mobile, when our device connects to the Internet, then this web browser starts working.
Internet and web browser are related to each other, without internet we can neither use web browser nor internet can be of any use to us without web browser.
Note: search engine And web browser both are separate software. Where a web browser is used to access web pages and HTML files, the same search engine is used to search for certain information on the Internet. The browser does not require a database whereas the search engine maintains its own database. However, the browser uses Cache which stores cookies about the website.
Web Browser History
- World Wide Web The first was a web browser. This 1930 Director of W3C in Tim Berners Lee was created by. It was later renamed to avoid the confusion caused by the arrival of the original World Wide Web. Nexus been done.
- Lynx The browser is a text based browser. that 1992 was invented in It was not able to display graphical content.
- Although the first Graphical User Interface browser NCSA Mosaic was. It was the world’s first popular browser 1993 was introduced in.
- 1995 In Microsoft Internet Explorer The first was a browser developed by Microsoft.
- 1994 In Opera But a research project started. Later it was introduced publicly in 1996.
- Apple’s Safari Browser To 2003 was introduced in. It was released specifically for the Macintosh computer.
- 2004 in Mozilla Firefox To Introduced as Netscape Navigator.
- 2007 in a browser Mobile Safari Apple was released as a mobile web browser.
- Google Chrome To 2008 was launched in
- Opera Mini Browser To 2011 was issued in.
- Microsoft Edge Browser To 2015 was launched in
Web Browser Components
Following are the main components of a browser:
1. User Interface:- User Interface is an area where users can use Address Bar, Back and Forward Button, Menu, Bookmarking and many other options to interact with the browser.
2. Browser Engine:- It connects the user interface and the rendering engine as a bridge. It queries and manipulates the rendering engine based on input from the user interface.
3. Rendering Engine:- This browser is responsible for displaying the requested content on the screen. It translates HTML, XML files and images which are formatted using CSS. It prepares the layout of the content and displays it on the browser screen. However it also displays other types of content using different types of login or extension.
4. Networking:- It retrieves the URL using an Internet protocol such as HTTP or FTP. It is responsible for maintaining all aspects of Internet communication and security. Apart from this, it can be used to reduce network traffic.
6. UI Backend:- It is used to make Basic Combo Boxes and Windows. It specifies the Generic Interface, which is not platform specific.
7. Data Storage:- Data storage is a persistent layer used by the browser to store all kinds of information locally. Like Cookies. A browser also supports different storage mechanisms. Such as IndexedDB, WebSQL, Local Storage and File System. It is a database stored on the local drive of your computer where the browser is installed. It handles user data like Cache, Bookmarks, Cookies and Preferences.
How Web Browser Works
Web Browser receives the data available on the Internet and displays it on our computer monitor.
Different types of rules have to be followed to get data from the Internet. These rules are called protocols. HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) protocol is used in HTML which helps the browser to communicate with the server.
HTTP tells the web server how to translate the contents of the web page to the user. With the help of HTTP, clients and servers are helped to connect with each other. All the web browsers on the Internet that keep websites and webpages with them all support the HTTP protocol, only then the browser is able to give information related to them to the user.
Also in Web Browser we can search any information using search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing etc.
Without a browser, we cannot use any search engine, so the browser is also important to us than a search engine like Google.
Examples of Web Browser
Below is a list of different web browsers:
1. Microsoft Edge
Although Internet Explorer Web Browser was earlier available in MS Windows Operating System but now Microsoft Edge has become the default browser of Windows 10. It requires at least 1 GB of memory. It provides many types of facilities such as Freestyle Writing, Refined Research etc.
2. Amazon Silk
Amazon Silk is a proprietary internet browser. It was released on 15 November 2011 for Fire OS devices. It is based on the Open Source Chromium Project and offers more features than the Google Chrome browser.
Opera web browser was launched by Telenor Company in 1994. Which was later bought by Opera Software on 1 April 1995. It was later introduced to the public in 1996.
It was designed for desktop and mobile interfaces. But it is more popular for mobile phones now. Opera Mini was released for smartphones on 10 August 2005. It can be downloaded from Google Play Store or Apple Play Store.
4. Apple Safari
5. Google Chrome
Google Chrome is an open source internet browser. It is developed by Google on 11 December 2008 for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Android and iOS operating systems.
6. Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Firefox web browser is developed by Mozilla Foundation and Mozilla Corporation. It was first released on 23 September 2002. Although it was released as Mozilla Browser, it was internally codenamed Phoenix.
Features of Web Browser
Most web browsers have the following features:
1. Refresh Button
Refresh button allows the website to reload the content of the web page. Most of the web browsers store local copies of the visited pages to increase the performance by using the Catching System. Sometimes it prevents you from seeing updated information. In such a situation, you can see the updated information by clicking on the refresh button.
2. Stop Button
It is used to cancel the communication of the web browser with the server and stop loading the page content. For example, if a site is accidentally searched in a web browser, it stops loading by clicking on the stop button.
3. Home Button
It provides the option to the users to bring the predefined home page of the website.
4. Web Address Bar
It allows users to enter the URL in the address bar and visit the website.
5. Tabbed Browsing
It provides the user with the option to open multiple websites simultaneously on a single window. It also helps users to read different websites at the same time. For example, when you open anything on the browser, it provides you with a list of search results for your query. You can stay on the same page and open all the results by right clicking on each link.
It allows users to select the particular website to save the information for later viewing. For example, if you read any information on a website and want to store it, you can click on the bookmark to store it and read it again whenever you want in a web browser.
Yes, Privacy and Security is very important in web browser. A web browser without privacy and security is like an open window in your home which can cause many incidents. That’s why you should always keep your browsing safe.
Your file may be damaged due to old browser. For example, your password may be stolen and your computer may be infected with viruses. Which can make the website difficult to use. So you should update your browser.
The full name of URL is Uniform Resource Locator, it is also known as Web Address or Uniform Resource Identifier.
For example htips.in There is a domain name and to view its website, we have to access https://htips.in using HTTP/HTTPS Protocol.
Hope you liked the information of Web Browser.
Comment for any question related to Web Browser.