What is Cloud Storage, its types, uses and benefits
Cloud Storage – A variety of ways to store and back up your important data storage device Available but have the potential to lose data due to an accident (eg: breakage, theft). Cloud Storage has been created for the solution of which and in a very short time it has become popular.
Therefore, on this page, we will understand all the information about Cloud Storage (eg: What is Cloud Storage, its types, advantages and disadvantages etc.) so that you can also use it to store your data securely.
What is Cloud Storage
Cloud storage is a cloud computing model through a cloud computing provider. Internet Stores data on.
Which manages Digital Storage as a Service. It gives you global scale and durability of data anytime and anywhere.
Cloud storage allows your data and files to be stored in an off-site location that you can access via the public Internet or a private Internet.
It is the responsibility of the Third Party Cloud Provider to keep the data that you transfer off-site for storage.
Cloud Provider Server ensures that whenever you need your data, you will get that data.
computer Hard Drive Can store only a limited amount of data and when the storage of the users is exhausted then they have to store the data in any other way. storage device transfer is required.
That’s why many organizations created and maintained Storage Area Network (SAN) to store data.
However, maintaining a storage area network is very expensive because as the store data grows, companies have to invest in adding servers and infrastructure to meet the growing demand for storage.
History of Cloud Storage
Cloud Storage started in 1960 JCR Licklider was started by. He developed it during his work on ARPANET.
His motive behind this was that people could get their data from anywhere at any time. For this, he had connected more than 20 computers. Cloud storage was started using this system.
Internet But commercially, cloud storage was started by Amazon in the year 2006 under the name of cloud storage service AWS S-3 for Web Service.
Along with this, other companies in collaboration with AWS S-3 have provided cloud storage facility in such companies. Dropbox, Pinterest, Smugmug Other companies were prominent.
How Cloud Storage Works
Like on Premise Storage Network, cloud storage uses servers to store data although the data is sent to a server at an off-site location. Most of the servers you can use are Virtual Machines posted on Physical Servers.
As your storage requirement increases. The cloud provider creates new virtual servers to meet the demand.
Usually you can use web portal, website or mobile app. Internet Or connect to cloud storage via a private connection.
Cloud Providers as a Service usually store the same data on multiple machines for security. This way, even if a server is shut down or an outage is encountered, you can still access your data.
How cloud storage works depends on the type of storage used.
Types of Cloud Storage
It has three main types.
1. Block Storage
It divides a large amount of data into small parts called blocks. Each block is associated with a special identifier and is placed in the system’s storage drive.
Block storage is fast and efficient and spends less time than required for applications like high performance workload on database.
2. File Storage
It organizes data in the form of files and folders. it usually Personal Computer, Hard Drive And used with Network Attached Storage (NAS).
In a file storage system, data is stored in files and folders. Director and Subdirector are used to organize folders and locate files and data.
3. Object Storage
It stores the data as an object. In which there are three components, the data stored in a file, the metadata associated with the data file, and a special identifier.
Using RESTful APIs, an Object Storage Protocol stores a file and its associated metadata as an object and assigns it an identification ID number.
Types of Cloud Storage
Cloud storage is available in private, public and hybrid cloud.
1. Public cloud storage
In this model you connect to a cloud storage on the Internet that is maintained by a cloud provider and used by other companies.
Cloud storage providers generally make any device services with smartphones and desktops easy and let you upgrade and downgrade as needed.
2. Private cloud storage
Private cloud storage setups typically replicate the cloud model but remain within your network.
private cloud storage Bank And companies prefer because they store the data privately.
3. Hybrid Cloud Storage
This model combines elements of private and public clouds, giving any company the choice of which data to store in which cloud.
Some companies use hybrid clouds to complement their internal storage networks with public cloud storage.
Benefits of Cloud Storage
Like any cloud based technology, cloud storage also offers certain benefits.
1. Cloud storage is of great benefit because of its easy usability and accessibility. Through cloud storage, we can access our stored files anywhere and anytime in the world with the help of internet.
2. Convenient sharing of files can be done on cloud storage. In this, people do not need to send an individual email. In this, by sending a WebLink to its recipients through an email, you can share a file or an entire folder.
3. Automation and Synchronization is also a feature of cloud storage. In this you can use your mobile or laptop You can synchronize the data in the background while working and it all happens automatically.
4. Cloud storage is also used for its better security. If anything is connected to the internet then security is a primary concern so most big and small businesses use cloud storage services
5. Cloud storage is also very cost-efficient because in this the user has to pay according to his space and the resources being used.
6.Cloud storage is scalable and flexible. If your storage gets full then you can upgrade the storage and you do not need to move your existing data from one place to another.
Additional storage is added to your existing storage capacity. Some additional features can also be added together and additional storage capacity can be removed when not required
7. Facilities like Disaster Recovery and Backup are also available in cloud storage
Disadvantages of Cloud Storage
1. Cloud storage raises some concerns for companies primarily regarding security and administrative controls. Sometimes cloud storage data gets leaked.
2. Without internet the data of cloud storage can neither be downloaded nor uploaded nor edit If internet fails while downloading any file, then this file can be corrupted and at that time the file will have to be downloaded again.
3. Data transmission from cloud storage may be delayed. Especially when you use a public internet connection.
4. Being designed for business purposes, cloud storage is expensive. This is because it is specially designed to serve the business purpose.
5. In cloud storage, your data is in the hands of another person i.e. Cloud Storage Provider Company. So you are always worried about your data.
Hope you liked the information about Cloud Storage.
Comment for any query related to Cloud Storage.