Cold Wave: At present, the entire North and North-West India is in the grip of cold. Now people are getting worried due to the severe cold. In such a situation, relief news has come out from the India Meteorological Department (IMD). The Meteorological Department estimates that there is a possibility of a decrease in the intensity of the cold wave in North-West India soon. Due to this, many areas of North India will also get relief.
At present, cold wave to severe cold wave conditions are prevailing in many parts of Delhi and parts of Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh. Lodhi Road and Safdarjung recorded minimum temperature of 1.6 degree and 1.4 degree Celsius on Monday. The Meteorological Department estimates that from January 19, the condition of cold wave will end and people will get relief from the cold.
Update on cold wave in North and North-West India
- IMD said that cold wave to severe cold wave conditions are expected in many parts of Rajasthan, Punjab and Haryana, Chandigarh and Delhi till January 18.
- There is a possibility of cold wave conditions in different areas of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar during January 17-19 and cold wave is forecast in Himachal Pradesh and Kutch on January 17-18.
- On January 17 and 18, there is a possibility of frost at isolated places in Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and western Uttar Pradesh.
- A Western Disturbance is likely to affect the Western Himalayan region from the night of January 18, which may cause scattered rain and snow over Jammu-Kashmir-Ladakh-Gilgit-Baltistan-Muzaffarabad, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand during January 18.
- After this, on January 20, another Western Disturbance will affect the Western Himalayan region and the surrounding plains of North-West India, due to which there are chances of getting rid of the cold wave completely.
- By the morning of January 17, there is a possibility of a further drop of about 2 degree Celsius in the minimum temperature in many parts of northwest India. There will not be much change in the weather till January 18, but an increase of 4-6 degree Celsius will be recorded during January 19-21.
- At the same time, there will be no significant change in the temperature in Gujarat till January 18. After this, there is a possibility of increasing 2-4 degree Celsius. During the next 4-5 days, there will not be any significant change in the minimum temperature over the rest of North India.
read this also: