It is noticeable that immigrants from across the globe have been permanently migrating and settling in Australia over the past few years. Do you know, that India stands in the 3rd position residing in Australia? Even the number of accepted PR applications continues up to 7.5 million in the pandemic year 2020.
Are you applying for the PR process in 2024? But confused about where to start the application process. If so, then continue reading this article till the end to learn the entire procedure of the Australian PR.
To make your Australian travel easy, link with the best Australia study visa consultant who can guide you through the entire process of visa application process.
Let’s delve into the Step-By-Step Procedure of the Australian PR:
Follow the below-mentioned steps carefully, if you want to get Australian PR in less time:
Step 1: Check your eligibility
The first step in applying for the Australian PR process is the candidate must check their eligibility mentioned in the list. For example, you must be below 45 years old and have 65 points in the Points grid.
Step 2: Get desired scores on the language proficiency test
The next step is to complete your English language proficiency test. For instance, IELTS, PTE, or TOEFL.
- For IELTS, a score of 7 or above
- For PTE, a score of 65 or above
- For TOEFL, a score of 25 or above
Step 3: Obtain your skills development Report
The third phase requires you to have your education and professional qualifications assessed.
- Be evaluated by ‘SkillSelect’.
- Age, education, English test scores, work experience, and determination to stay are all considered selection factors.
- The process takes 8-10 weeks.
- It costs approximately $ 2815 (INR 2,07,203).
Australia compares your international education against the Australian equivalent. You can accomplish this by forwarding your transcripts to the appropriate body known as Skill Select.
Step 4: Register your EOI on Skill Select
This is the most critical step of the Australian PR process. Through this, you can inform the Australian Authorities that you are interested in applying for PR. Follow the below steps to register your EOI:
- Create your account on the Skill Select Portal.
- Then sign in and select your visa type.
- Enter your IELTS score and educational qualifications.
- Then enter your work experience.
- Submit your declaration form.
Step 5: Receive an invitation to apply
After sending the EOI, you have to wait for the ETA.
- The applicants with the highest EOI rank will receive an ITA.
- Receiving an ITA means that you are just one step away from receiving Australian PR.
Step 6: Submit your PR application
Once you get your ITA, the last step is to deposit your Australia PR visa within two months.
Step 7: Submit Health and Character certificates
You will have to submit additional documents such as clearance certificates and a passport for visa stamping.
- Cost of an Australian PR process
The processing cost for an Australian visa is given in the below table:
|Dependent Visa Applicant (Over 18 years)
|Dependent Visa Applicant (under 18 years)
- Processing Time for the Permanent Residency in Australia
- The visa processing period for Australia’s Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189 visa) can range from 8 to 9 months.
- The processing period for Australia’s Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190) visa can range from 6 to 8 months.
What are the benefits of an Australian Visa?
- Live and go anywhere in Australia!
- pursue higher studies in Australia.
- Enjoy social security benefits after two years.
- Sponsor your family for PR.
- Apply for Government jobs.
- Travel to New Zealand
- Path to Australian citizenship
- Free medical insurance.
- Dependents receive subsidized educational loans.
- First Home Owner Grant of $10,000
If you are planning to move to the United Kingdom then link with the experts who can guide you with the entire process of application based on your profile and study. For more details, contact the best UK study visa consultant who has many years of experience in providing visas to international students.
To wrap it up, however, the PR process for Australia is a long-term goal. But with the right guidance and a good profile, one can achieve their PR in less time as well.